About Pine & Company CPAs:
We are a growing Roanoke CPA firm that provides exceptional tax services for small to medium-sized businesses, as well as individuals. We share a strong work ethic and encourage each of our employees to stretch and grow in their roles within our firm. Our firm's culture of integrity, client service and family values are very important to us.
We are looking for a Tax Intern to support our client base and internal staff as we continue to grow. This individual will not work directly with clients until deemed appropriate but will be working on client accounts. Our hope is that the intern position will grow into a full-time staff position.
This position will support the client base with these essential job functions:
• Provide administrative support to the managing partner, directors and tax department in a manner that optimizes efficiency, resources, and client satisfaction.
• Prepare federal and state income tax returns for individuals, businesses (including C corporations, S-Corporations, Partnerships, TX Franchise, and other State and Localities), including a large range of industries.
• Process and assemble tax returns, extensions, and estimates.
• Work collaboratively to provide overflow and backup support for other team members.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Assist with tax planning for various types of clients.
• Develop a working knowledge of tax preparation software and other software necessary to prepare tax returns, tax projections, and other tax related projects.
• Meet deadlines for completion of tax returns and other projects as assigned.
• Communicate with team members and supervisor any issues on meeting deadlines in a timely manner.
• Prepare internal memorandum, written correspondence/guidance, and other documents for submission to the IRS and Treasury Department.
• Prepare tax organizers and tax workpapers in accordance with firm's policies and procedures.
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Assist in maintaining databases, spreadsheets, project trackers, etc. to be current and accurate.
Skills & Requirements needed:
• Currently enrolled in a college accounting curriculum, accounting major preferred (seeking Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree).
• Possess excellent verbal, written communication skills; possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; ability to juggle multiple tasks and demands.
• Tech savvy with the ability and desire to embrace necessary software applications
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency with all Microsoft applications
• Superior organizational and follow-through skills with strong attention given to details and deadlines
• Flexibility to change direction frequently between tasks and between different clients
• Proven ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Ability to handle while prioritizing, planning and organizing multiple projects.
• Ability to operate with a sense of urgency.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision as well as work cooperatively with all levels of management and employees.
• Flexibility to work additional hours during peak periods of the year upon approval by Management.
• Willingness to learn and highly motivated to succeed.
• Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.